"It never gets easier, you just go faster"

Twitter- AnnaM_Hughes
Instagram - anna_mariehughes
Strava -www.strava.com/athletes/annamarie_hughes
Athlete page on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/annamariehughescycling

Monday 9 June 2014

Hillingdon Grand Prix (part of the National Women’s Road Series)


I was really looking forward to this race as I knew I was on good form and I’ve ridden the Hillingdon circuit so often that I know it suits me. The race was 47 laps; however the race was shortened slightly as one rider crashed midway in the race, after colliding with someone crossing the circuit. She was taken off in an ambulance and the race restarted shortly afterwards. Throughout the whole race I felt strong and comfortable riding consistently in at least the top third of the group. I went with a few attacks off the front, but I was mainly conserving my energy for the sprint at the end. I managed to get into a good position for the sprint and I came 8th (2nd junior). I’m really pleased with the result as it was a very good race for me and I managed to finish that off with the strong sprint at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment