"It never gets easier, you just go faster"

Twitter- AnnaM_Hughes
Instagram - anna_mariehughes
Strava -www.strava.com/athletes/annamarie_hughes
Athlete page on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/annamariehughescycling

Saturday 21 June 2014

Wednesday 11th June- Women’s race at Hillingdon


There was a better turnout than the last Wednesday night’s at Hillingdon, 9 women. Before the race, Annabel Fisher and I had a chat about trying to get away together on a break 30 minutes into the race. Until the point that we had planned the move, the race was steady, riding at a constant pace with no attacks. We attacked and stayed away for about a lap but the group behind us worked well to bring us back. I then rested in the middle of the group, recovering from the effort and to prepare for another  attack. Annabel attacked with 5 laps to go but unfortunately a rider got in the way so I couldn’t go with her without risking bringing the whole group with me. I therefore stayed in the middle of the group, conserving my energy, letting the others try to bring Annabel back. With 2.5 laps to go I realized that the gap was now bridgeable so I decided to attack in the trickier s-bend section of the circuit where I was very confident that I could break away quickly from the group. I managed to bridge the gap quickly. Great, with 2 laps to go Annabel and I were off the front. We worked well together and I just managed to outsprint Annabel at the end. Really pleased to get the win today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment