"It never gets easier, you just go faster"

Twitter- AnnaM_Hughes
Instagram - anna_mariehughes
Strava -www.strava.com/athletes/annamarie_hughes
Athlete page on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/annamariehughescycling

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Saturday 15th March – Revolution Round 5- London Olympic Velodrome

Madison-Genesis - from left to right, Frank, Tom Scully, Andy Tennant, Hisham, Monica and me!





There was no doubt that I was definitely looking forward to going back to the Olympic Velodrome to race in the final round of the Revolution series!! I raced in the Future Stars category. It was certainly an amazing experience having elite men and women from both endurance and sprint, including some Olympic and World champions, racing at the same event. There was a great atmosphere as the Velodrome was completely sold out. To have around 6000 people watch you race was certainly a new experience for me which I loved.




Me and Tom Scully
It had been about 3 months or so since I last rode my track bike but my training had been going quite well recently and I went into the event quite confident with my current form…but perhaps too confident. In the first 6 lap dash race I didn’t have my best race-head on and ended up following too many of the attacks and my sprint suffered at the end ... I didn’t get a good result. My best race was the Point’s race. I just missed out on points on a couple of occasions but I rode that race tactically better. I had energy left at the end to have a strong-ish finish. Overall really fast hectic races which didn’t really suit me (less than half the length of the national races more suited to sprinters than more endurance riders). Despite this, I had a great time at a really great event!

No comments:

Post a Comment