"It never gets easier, you just go faster"

Twitter- AnnaM_Hughes
Instagram - anna_mariehughes
Strava -www.strava.com/athletes/annamarie_hughes
Athlete page on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/annamariehughescycling

Monday 21 April 2014

Sunday 13th April – Thames Velo Fast Run

Today I went on a great training ride, a 85 mile club run with Thames Velo, where we rode at an average of 19mph. It was really nice and sunny and therefore a great day to get some miles in in the hills - and there were certainly many hills!! It was probably one of my longest rides for a little while and I was definitely beginning to feel fatigued at the top of some of the big climbs - but great hill training for me. I had a lot of bad luck after the end of the ride; I was planning to ride home – first I had a puncture, after it was repaired I immediately had another puncture within 100 - 200 metres! However, this second puncture completely ruined my tyre and there was no way I could fix it this time. A quick call to my dad to come and pick me up was the only option! Luckily it was a sunny day so I didn’t mind too much waiting by the side of the road - and many thanks to Mark from Thames Velo for staying with me J

No comments:

Post a Comment