"It never gets easier, you just go faster"

Twitter- AnnaM_Hughes
Instagram - anna_mariehughes
Strava -www.strava.com/athletes/annamarie_hughes
Athlete page on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/annamariehughescycling

Monday 21 April 2014


Wednesday 16th April – Hillingdon Women’s race- finished 2nd/30
It was a really nice sunny day for the first round of the Wednesday night women’s racing at Hillingdon. It was also the second round of the London Women’s Road League, so there was a great turn out for the race - about 30 women.  The race was much faster than usual, with an average of 24mph for an hour race. I had a very close call of a disaster in the third lap when I got out of my saddle towards the front of the group to chase down an attack - my right foot for a unknown reason came out of my peddle …somehow (very skilfully!) I managed to maintain my balance and stay upright!! For the next part of the race it ran very smoothly for me; I felt rather strong and found myself either in most the attacks or chasing down them. Unfortunately, with a few laps to go, there was a nasty crash towards the back of the group, where a few riders came down; hopefully they are all alright now. I didn’t get caught up in this crash as I was at the front of the group. On the bell lap, I positioned myself onto the strongest rider's, Nicola Juniper's wheel. When the final sprint came, I followed Nicola past the two riders at the head of the bunch but I didn’t have the strength or gears to get past Nicola, so I finished just behind her in 2nd. Overall a really good fast race and I’m feeling on good form on the road!






No comments:

Post a Comment